Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Lime is blooming AGAIN!

Actually, everything is blooming again. I thought with colder temperatures, the plants will be going into dormancy. But I see from my Google instant weather that the humidity has been high, around 80%. This was a few days before that little rain shower. That's even higher and calmer than in Lahaina, Hawaii, my favorite dive spot.

The lime was doing just great this spring -- loaded with flowers, then they all fell off. I have exactly one lime on the whole tree. But there's a small flush of bloom now, about 20 blossoms. Maybe I'll get some limes afterall? The lemons are ready though, huge clusters of them. My lemon is on a grafted tree with a grapefruit. I used EB Stone Organics for citrus this year and that seemed to kick the grapefruit to finally growing taller than the day I put the tree in, 7 years ago. Don't see any grapefruit on it, though.

The Asian eggplants are still blooming like crazy, but not forming fruit like they were this summer. Do they 'winter over' or should I pull them out and plant new ones next year? The French lavender is a gonner, nary a green leaf on it, as is the tarragon. I'll yank them out and put the citronella and rosa pelargonium(s) (true scented geranium) and echenacea in the lavender's spot. Hope they don't drown.

Moved the plumeria and passionfruit into the greenhouse.

The camellia are doing GREAT! I'll post some pictures assuming tomorrow is bright. Even the Peace Rose that nearly gave up the ghost to black spot put out one really big beautiful bloom. So they should all be OK next year! Phew!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»