Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Salet Rose is rooted!

Two of the Salet classic rose rose cuttings rooted. In the spring, I'll make more cuttings so that by May, I will have several reasonably stable plants. Salet is probably a specie rose from the Roman days so is pretty vigorous. In fact, it's still blooming a bit, in 50-some degree weather.
 
The night blooming jasmine is growing just as advertised -- new leaves, new branches... very satisfying plant. I might plant it outside where the lavender died. Lavenders are reputed to be short-lived, but that one was only 4 years old and I didn't think plants with small leaves like that were susceptible to fungus. Well, I guess I proved that they are -- it's dead as a door nail, half-inch thick branches notwithstanding. Dugging it out will be not fun.
 
My 4 rooted gardenia cuttings and about 10 rose-scented geranium plants seemed determined to take over their tiny piece of my tiny garden. What to do, what to do? Meanwhile, the white ginger isn't blooming. The things I want to do well don't, and I have a surplus of other stuff. Have about 1000 lemons but only 2 limes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»