Friday, February 20, 2009

LOVE Persimmons, especially when they're ripe

Speaking of persimmons (see next post, below), I LOVE LOVE LOVE them! Both kinds: Fuyu and Hachiya. I love them so much so that I look for them in November and eat as many as possible before the season runs out.

Last November, I saw several persimmon trees around the neighborhood. One of them is obviously not prized by its owner because I slipped on the ripe fruits that were splattered on the ground. So I left a note in the mailbox saying, "May I have some of your persimmons?" with my phone number. I left a similar note in two other mailboxes.

Only got one call-back but one was enough! She said 'sure' and 'thanks for asking.'

I put the 7' ladder into the car and was off! I brought a friend and several empty grocery bags. I picked about 25 fruit in various stages of ripeness. That didn't even begin to denude one corner of the tree -- plenty left for everyone else. They were huge -- beautiful, heart shaped ones, some with those lovely black markings on the orange skin. Yummmmm.

I aligned them carefully on the kitchen table: 15 lovely persimmons. They brighten my spirits every time I went into the kitchen, and I controled myself to savor them for weeks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.freewebs.com/warfarin]coumadin zantac interaction
[/url]Warfarine 5 mg Online
warfarin walnuts
warfarin xerostomia
coumadin package insert
coumadin quitting